Letters that my friends will never send
Number 2
(different friend)
Dear_______
I just wanted to tell you that I’m fine. Almost a year later, and I’m finally doing okay. It took a while, though, longer than I ever would have thought. I’ve spent so much time staying away from people, and you spent so much time getting close to me. You spent so much time unbuilding the walls I’d put up. And now I’m left with a pile of bricks. I can’t believe that it took you no time, no time at all, to get over me. Maybe you were breaking up with me for a while though, all the while I thought it was getting better. Maybe I’ve been losing you since the day I met you.
Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I’m finally there, I think. Finally where I was when I started with you. Finally able to come home at night and not cry. Finally done hooking up to dull the emptiness. Finally able to tell myself, like I have been all along, that I woulda been the best thing that ever happened to you, and believe it. Finally sure I’m worth it.
So listen, you mighta fucked me up real good, I’m not gonna say you didn’t, but I want you to know I’m over it now.
And I want you to know you were wrong about me. Because even bent down and broken, all bottomed out, even the way I was when you got done with me, I am ten times the woman she’ll ever be. Or anyone you’ll ever find. Remember that, when you fall asleep next to someone and still feel lonely. Remember what it feels like to be loved.

1 Comments:
Feels almost like a letter I should send, but a bit different, oh, and I'm not fine... and I'm not sure it's over which of course is why I'm not fine and still fooling myself.
Post a Comment
<< Home