Sooo true. Can a girl be fantastically successful and married too?
Everybody should read this ridiculously good article on losing feminism by NY Times columnist Maureen Dowd. This is what I am talking about, people!
Some quotes below.
"He had hit on a primal fear of single successful women: that the aroma of male power is an aphrodisiac for women, but the perfume of female power is a turnoff for men. It took women a few decades to realize that everything they were doing to advance themselves in the boardroom could be sabotaging their chances in the bedroom, that evolution was lagging behind equality."
"So was the feminist movement some sort of cruel hoax? Do women get less desirable as they get more successful?"
"While we had assumed that making ourselves more professionally accomplished would make us more fascinating, it turned out, as Lewis put it, that smart women were "draining at times.""
"A 2005 report by researchers at four British universities indicated that a high I.Q. hampers a woman's chance to marry, while it is a plus for men. The prospect for marriage increased by 35 percent for guys for each 16-point increase in I.Q.; for women, there is a 40 percent drop for each 16-point rise."

3 Comments:
You like Maureen Dowd, you should read the new book she has out ("Are Men Necessary?") I got it for my mom for christmas.
-alex (todd)
so is this saying that if you are uninclined to get married that you are stupid, if that's how you were intending it than it is quite possibly the dumbest idea ever.
Hahaha.. that's so great! But seriously.. I thought you were back to posting more of this stuff I love to read. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home